[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] 6"secondary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 6"secondary

Just an open musing spurred by this conversation...

No one asked what he was winding the larger form with. He could use thicker
wire, or space wind the same gauge as the 4". In either case, it would be
reasonably easy to match the resonant frequency of the old, smaller
secondary/topload combo.

So if he matched the resonant frequency of the small coil with larger C and
smaller L in the new large coil (and retuned and kept k constant...), how
would this influence spark length and behavior? My gut feel is brighter,
snappier sparks with maybe the same overall spark length.

I wonder if anybody has tried this.

Food for thought,
- Jason