[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Full Power Testing of DC Resonant Charging System [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Full Power Testing of DC Resonant Charging System

Wow Stefan,

Very impressive layout and craftsmanship! Sounds ready for a primary coil. That particular audio note is oddly familiar... reminds me of good times. ;>

On 12/19/2014 5:52 AM, tesla-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:00:32 +0100
From: "Teslalabor"<teslalabor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [TCML] Full Power Testing of DC Resonant Charging System

Hello dear friends of the good old Spark gap TC,

last week I performed the first full power tests of my resonant charging
setup. It performs exactly as predicted, running smooth and stable with an
excellent power delivery.

With 2 different primary capacitances, 50 and 90nF I can run it on 2 power
levels: 7kW and 9kW mode. In 7kW configuration, maximum BPS is 400 and in
9kW mode maximum BPS is 300.
The power is fired into a 15kW halogen dummy load (30 bulbs each 500W),
which is replaced later by a tesla primary of course.
Here are two videos, where I'm beating the hell out of it:

running at 7kW,also showing details of setup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oa1DYh3kio

running at 9kW:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GHl2L7xl2I

PS: Jim Mora was also constructing a DC System with his cool 3-phase
Raytheon Power supply - Jim, did you make any progress?

Regards and merry christmas,
Stefan