[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Whre are tesla coils used today? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Whre are tesla coils used today?

Modern X ray machines are now using TC's for their HV supplies. Significantly smaller and lighter than a transformer set.
The smaller dental sets now days are TC's as well for the HV.
I almost had an older supply. About 19" x 8" x 16" and around 100 pounds. Significant when you think of the transformer sets. The coil and rectifiers are still in an oil filled housing and the TC has a separate external exciter.
Overall cost and weight savings are worth it.
The one I saw was around 100KV at 100 ma.

Thanks, Frank