Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Geek Group HV Lab Fire

Looking forward to seeing the process of rebuilding Gemini.

That reminds me. I need to document the CNC secondary coil winder I am designing for my tesla coil project (Icarus, which I also need to document further)

https://krux.org/article/Project_Icarus

The coil winder has turned into a large project in and of itself. I could spend hours winding by hand, or spend [at this point, weeks] building a machine to do it for me. It's designed to be entirely modular. Need to wind a larger coil? Build a larger base, maybe beef up your stepper motors and the drivers, and you are golden. It'll also handle turning your coil at a specific rate while your protective coating is drying to prevent runs.

The idea is you punch in your coil form diameter, diameter/height ratio, and wire size, and it calculates the rest. Just about got it to the point where I can click go and have a finished coil wound.

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'

Jon Danniken <danniken@xxxxx> wrote:

Someone's got a case of the potty mouth.

Glad everyone is okay.

Jon