[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Sec. Winding [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Sec. Winding

Hi Tim,
     I like to be able to disassemble my coils quickly, so when designing
them I use quick disconnect type terminals.  If it is a low power coil, you
can get away with something like a spade clip, I use them on my twin MOT
coil (probably not the best thing but it works).  Others will tell you
different but a solid ground connection isn't super important for
performance, only for noise elimination.  Your coil will FIND a ground if
one is not provided, sometimes this results in the death of the coil as it
feeds back through the power supply.  At any rate, I guess what I am saying
is whatever you choose, it isn't super important, just make sure it is
hooked to a ground via a wire or cable that won't melt from the heat (I use
10 AWG braided, but that is probably way overkill).

Scott Bogard.