[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] (no subject) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] (no subject)

Hi Matthew.
     If you have a more specific question we would be glad to help, but
there are literally hundreds of webpages that can explain the basics WAY
better than a single e-mail, not to mention the vast pupman archives.  If
you want university level understanding you really need to do a lot of
research, and ideally do some building (get your hands dirty).  I would
start with Google, search for "Tesla coil construction", and read a dozen
or so pages on conventional spark gap Tesla coils; once you get a grasp of
what parts are needed and how they connect, delve into the theory side of
it, and then if you still hunger for more information Google solid state
Tesla coils.  Then things should make sense, but if they do not, your
understanding should be great enough and you should know enough of our
jargon that we can actually answer your remaining questions in terms you
will understand.  I hope you don't think I am trying to discourage you or
anything, we just want you to succeed, and this is the best way for that to
happen.  If you are interested I had an old website that had decent, if a
bit basic info on it.  The server shut down a few years ago, but I still
have the files some place, I could send them to you off list and that would
at least get you started (not enough to go off of alone, but it is a start.)

Scott Bogard.