[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Utility Meters [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Utility Meters

I don't remember this coming up in the past, but my utility recently installed a digital meter to record power usage at my home. This kind transmits the information to the main office by some kind of computer system.

I am concerned that my Tesla coils will damage the utility power meter- being possibly less robust from spikes and RFI from coils on the power circuit than the old style meters. I use line filters on the 60Hz connections to my power system on all of my coils. I am looking for experience by other coilers with the digital power meters before I return to powering up my coils.

Jim Zimmerschied