[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] List setting adjustments, was Re: Internal Pics of Raytheon 3P 6 pulse supply [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] List setting adjustments, was Re: Internal Pics of Raytheon 3P 6 pulse supply

It's no big deal for me. At work, I routinely received emails with folks copied. By default I almost always replied all, and often deleted or added who was copied. It's almost automatic for me, and no problem.

________________________________
 From: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2014 10:59 AM
Subject: [TCML] List setting adjustments, was Re:  Internal Pics of Raytheon 3P 6 pulse supply

Hi Stefan,

Recently I moved to a new server "in the cloud".  I did this because of
the space, heat, noise, and electrical costs were uncomfortable to bear.
As a result, I've been dealing with various ISP's anti-spam efforts.  One
of the problems encountered was that AOL insists that mail lists have
reply-to be the original sender rather than the list.  I agree with you,
it seems stupid and arrogant on their part.  I don't see how this would
stop spam either.

It's been a while with this "feature" implemented.  Now might be a good
time for others to comment on their feelings.

I had an idea of a work around which involves two lists, a tesla-front and
a tesla list.  AOL subscribers would subscribe to both and post to tesla.
Tesla wouldn't send them email but would send to the tesla-front list
which would then send to AOL subscribers.  Still pondering this idea.

Chip Atkinson
TCML list owner