[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] IGBT Selection [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] IGBT Selection

Thank you all for the inputs! I didn't even think about checking out ebay.
I looked last night and they were about $50 per module. I was hoping to
reuse my current SG coil and modify it for solid state operation, so I
guess I should measure the current resonant frequency to make sure it isn't
too high. Is 100 kHz the upper limit for the CM300 or is it more of a soft
limit where performance diminishes over 100 kHz?

One other question that is kind of related to this topic...how is the main
power supply for the system designed? I have seen a lot of variations using
either 120VAC input or 240VAC input with mentions of using a voltage
doubler and the like. Are there any design guides out there for this
subject including what full wave rectifier to use and the size of the
capacitors that are needed for a given supply output?

Again, thank you all for the help!

Jeremy