[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Was: Raytheon turns ratio too high for sane resonant charging, Now: more reasonabe 50:1 [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Was: Raytheon turns ratio too high for sane resonant charging, Now: more reasonabe 50:1

Hi Bert, et al,

There seems to be conflicting posts on the Inet regarding Delta DC
rectification. Wye is considered 6 pulse, Delta is not well defined. I have
to ass-u-me they are both 6P rectifiers, nonetheless.

Richie's site has a (12) pulse conveniently drawn Wye and Delta in one
schematic which nicely graphically depicts the rewire in phase.  (A)
"neutral" will tie B at the previous B wye HV lead and so on to complete the
triangle. It is hard to see on the xformer, but logically the Wye neutral
would be an inner winding closer to the primary, so the voltage level out is
important, consistent with the standoff from the Primary windings. Is the
voltage still 58% of the 24KV?

Since this was a mission critical, 24/7 device under oil, I am confident it
can take the stresses for Tesla intermittent duty, even if the winding
configurations are less than ideal, provided the voltage in not too high. It
is NOT, however, three pole pigs;-^)

My 14" rotor has (16) .125 Tungsten through threaded brass nutted electrodes
with set screws and can comfortably do 500 - 600 BPS. I would want to design
around a .1uf cap rather than (2) in series (.05) in this case at lower
voltages and resist the temptation to twist the Variacs full tilt!

Please confirm the voltage out. I'll study more earnestly the magnetic study
documentation you sent me during the list migration.

Thanks so very much,
Jim Mora