From: "Phil" <pip@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:12 PM
To: "'Tesla Coil Mailing List'" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Topload imperfections
" We all try to make our toroids as smooth as possible and yet good
results can be had from finite element toroids.

I too prefer a nice smooth one, but borrowing a 50 inch toroid that has
regular construction joints around its edge, shows that completely smooth is
not a necessity.  The toroid in question can be seen here.
http://www.hvtesla.com/images/upright.jpg

Regards
Phil Tuck