[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] DRSSTC driver [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] DRSSTC driver

Dorian,
I beleive the cap is there to ensure that there is no dc on the GDT in between bursts. It also protects the drivers in a fault condition.

The resistor is these to ensure that the capacitor is discharged at the beginning of the burst, otherwise the first "starter" pulse may be charging an already charged capacitor and therefore not passing any current for 1/2 a cycle via the GDT. (This assumes that a tristate driver is being used, this isn't an issue with non tri-state drivers.)

    Derek