[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Paralell Diode considerstions. And the Deque Diode. Resonace Charging [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Paralell Diode considerstions. And the Deque Diode. Resonace Charging

Thanks Bert,

-Excellent, practical information.

<group>

I do plan to source a three Phase 5kV transformer or three separates since I
have the 3P generator operational and have wanted to build one of these for
several years now. Sources anyone?

Raytheon: I have not given up hope on splitting the windings at the center
point and making parallel star windings. V/2, 2I. I just can't do that stuff
just yet. There are four coils separated by neoprene on each leg. I will
verify that H1 come from the top one and the Wye tie point point from the
bottom. I hate to cut into any cotton wrap though.

In the center of the four coils is a wire that seems to join the top and
bottom two much like a center tap. If I measure roughly 1/2 DC resistance
from center to either side, I will have some hope and go further. I can not
think of a weird way this could be otherwise be wound, can you? Transformer
folks?

Jim Mora

BTW I do have such single phase Filter caps. Safely bleeding them in
reasonable time is another whole topic.