[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Gate Drive Voltage [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Gate Drive Voltage

Hi,

Apologies if this sounds too rudimentary a question, but when igbt brick gates (in drsstc) are said to be driven with 24V, are we talking about 24V peak to peak (12V for charging and -12 for discharging), or 48V peak to peak (24V charging, -24 discharging)? The fact that brick IGBT datasheets dont seem to mention 30V pulsed as a maximum absolute rating is making me hesitant to apply +-24V across the gate. Or am I being a gate-oxide sissy?

Many thanks.