[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Question on Dummyload-Testing in DC Resonant Charging circuit [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Question on Dummyload-Testing in DC Resonant Charging circuit

Hello all,

I just finished the DC resonant charging circuit for a planned medium tesla coil project. It is 3-phase powered and today I started testing it with reduced power and a dummyload in place of the primary coil, which will be installed later. The dummyload consists of several 240V 500W halogen bulbs, which are glowing very nice and smoothly :-) So on the first glance, it seems to work well for testing. But the question is, how does such a dummyload with a high resistance (let's say 500-1000Ohms when glowing) influence the behavior of the charging circuit? My guess is, that the capacitor never can discharge completely into this dummyload during each bang and still have much of its charge after each bang... So the drawn power should be much higher, when using the real tesla setup later, instead of this dummyload?

Regards,
Stefan