[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Resonate charging versus brute force. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Resonate charging versus brute force.

All,
Without being patronising, David R sums it up nicely. Multi-Henrie chokes
for DC systems aren't found growing on trees, unless you go for the multi
MOT's option, which gets both cumbersome and heavy.
Personally I prefer SRSG resonant charging, despite the xtra work involved
with the motor.
If you use a bps for the SRSG other than twice a multiple of the mains freq,
peak voltages across the MMC are far more predictable with simulation
software than with an ARSG system. 120bps (60Hz) or 100bps (50Hz) can't
really be simulated, as you get some astonishing results (voltage wise)
sometimes.

Don't get confused over Richie's resonant charging, and the conventional
understanding in tesla circles. The latter dictates either avoiding or
encouraging (dependant on your bravery) resonance with the mains frequency
(50 or 60Hz). Richie Burnett's method is aiming for resonance with a
frequency that is dependant on the bps rate you use.
(generally in the range of 40 to 160Hz for 200 to 800 bps)

See Richie's site for his graphs.

Phil