[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] HELP please! [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] HELP please!

Hi David,
     That is most unfortunate, Green Monster is one of my favorites!  As a
point of curiosity are you bolting your FWR brick to something, or is it
free floating?  If I had to guess, and others are probably of more use here
as I am just a mechanical guy, but I would say the metal case of the FWR
brick is picking up EMI from the coil and shorting.  Did you try swapping
the old diodes back in?  You could try bolting it down if it is not, but it
sounds like you had it electrically grounded.  At any rate if it were my
green monster, I'd start by putting everything back as it was and
introducing new components one at a time; it might even be a cable or
connector...  Best of luck, wish I could be of more assistance.

Scott Bogard.