[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] MOT Transformers, VTTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] MOT Transformers, VTTC

Dave,

I don't think they would have to be absolutely identical for this application. I've collected over 100 MOTs, and I doubt that I have more than one or two matching pairs. Seems every manufacturer designed their own custom unit for every mew model oven, for reasons I can't begin to fathom.

Most of the MOTs I've tried are rated for one volt per turn. As long as the core cross sections are reasonably similar, they should produce very similar output voltages for the same number of secondary turns.

I just modded three units to make a 250 amp stack (conservatively rated) to thaw pipes -- two turns of 4-0 welding cable through the openings of three beefy units with the secondaries connected in series and the primaries in parallel. The stack was putting 220 amps into the pipes with only 35 volts on the primaries.

(Another) Dave