[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] HELP please! [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] HELP please!

Yep, any stray capacitance to ground will cause nuisance tripping of a GFI.
 If you assume
0.005A (5mA / UL limits) for GFI, at 120VAC is 24K impedance, which
calculates out as
~ 0.1 uF.  I tested with a MMC tappable capacitor bank, and GFI in my house
tripped at
0.09 uF.  This is also reason why RV's can not use a GFI protected shore
tie, any UL listed
caps between H/N and N/G will cause nuisance tripping (microwave, AV
equipment,
HVAC).  Been there, done that, and got spanked by it...

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA

Sharpe's Axiom of Murphy's Law