[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] I think I fixed it ;^) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] I think I fixed it ;^)

Hi all,

For those of you who remember my "help please" thread, about my Green
Monster Tesla coil suddenly seeming to have developed an appetite for the
FWB rectifier for the ARSG motor, I think I have fixed the problem (keeping
my fingers crossed). I tried mounting the FWB "brick" on a flat piece of cop-
per for heat sinking WITHOUT grounding the external metal case of the brick.
I also installed an extra corcom line filter upstream of the FWB and in-
stalled a 20 amp button circuit breaker upstream of the RSG control
variac, so as to not engulf it in flames in case of another FWB going
dead short. I wheeled her out tonight and I ran her for a good minute
or so without a hitch (it was smoking the FWB rectifiers within seconds
before making the "corrections"). I was still a bit "gun shy" to really let
her rock tonight but was able to determine that I had obviously cor-
rected the rectifier eating problem. Thanks for the helpful suggestions to
all who responded to my "plea".

David Rieben