[Home][2014 Index] [TCML] Isolated secondary building up charge [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Isolated secondary building up charge

So this is a new one for me, but then I have only built one tesla coil, so the whole hobby is new...

Anyway, I was tearing down my tesla coil, as I had designed it so that I could take it apart to easily transport it if needed.  I was carrying the 4.5" diameter secondary with top load attached across the room when I noticed it had a charge on it.. The charge was minimal at first, like if you are building up a static electric charge on something, and then when I was half way into the room it crossed into a "hey.. Ow.. Let's put this coil down on this bench here" level of painful zap..

My best guess is that I was picking up on the magnetic fields that were being put off by all the florescent lighting in the room. Either that or my movement some how built up a static charge.. But has anyone heard of/experienced something like this before.

perl -e 's==UBER?=+y[:-o]}(;->\n{q-yp-y+k}?print:??;-p#)'