From: William Howard <snakeprior@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, May 20, 2014 5:59 pm
Subject: Re: [TCML] Maximum arc length from 700w VTTC?

Dear John,
Thanks for the clarification on tuning. I  getting the same length sparks
now after I added a second MOT in parallel and removed the doubler. No more
silicon for me. Current draw is less and I am no longer deafened by it.
Plus no overheating issues for short runs.

I need to buy some high power ceramic resistors or a rheostat.

Allen I was using a B1 0.2/20 rated for 200ma I shorted it and hooked it up
the the 3v filiment winding to test it...

I didnt think it would melt internally but it did. I also didn't think it
would produce x rays. It glowed bright blue/purple and hurt my eyes.

Not blind but lucky if not stupid. ... no more rectifiers for me.

Gonna try 4400vac by joining two mots at ground and using hv out for b+ and
b-. So series parallel mots is my next experiment.  I have a isolated
filament transformer so I hope it holds together.

Cheers!
-Will