[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Possible use of SCR in Tesla Coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Possible use of SCR in Tesla Coil

This is a very interesting idea, I didn't know you could just parallel the
tank capacitor and primary like that.

From what I understood the thyratron is working only as an interrupter.
Excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't that make it possible to make a much
simpler DRSSTC that uses a single IGBT/MOSFET in place of that thyratron?
If it works that'd avoid most of the hassle in setting up/building a
DRSSTC, and would still have the sound modulation and "traditional"
streamers.