[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Finished: New 600bps Rotary, Power Controller + Variac for DC resonant charging TC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Finished: New 600bps Rotary, Power Controller + Variac for DC resonant charging TC

My motor's speed is controlled via variac with a maximum speed of about
3200 RPMs. I purchased a new Delta grinder and am using the motor for the
RSG.   I'm using .625 diameter brass rod material for the fixed charging
electrodes.  I'm using a 5H choke and in the larger coil it is located
about two ft from the rsg and primary coil.  On my test setup I'm using a
very heavy duty high voltage/power 5H choke that weighs almost 100 lbs.  I
have it about three ft from the coils.  I'm also using a string of blocking
diodes in series with the supply and choke.