[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Resin or fiberglass perfboard for terry filter? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Resin or fiberglass perfboard for terry filter?

And the three-phase motor in this case is being driven by a  '  vfd  '

These are wonderful devices which take in single phase AC, rectify it and
spit out three phase AC at variable frequencies (not just the plain old
60/50 Hz).

The advantage with these is that when you are running machinery, you get
almost full torque over the entire speed range. Using a variac to control a
motor gives some variable speed capacity but the torque curve is horrid.

Most vfd (variable frequency drives) have a control voltage input so you
__might__ be able to do a loop - put an encoder on the motor shaft and use
an Arduino to generate the control voltage to keep the motor in sync with
the powerline frequency. You could implement variable phase with a counter.
That might be a really cool project...

Dave