[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Grounding [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Grounding

On 4/8/15 7:31 AM, Tim Flood wrote:
I would like to install a small TC, 3" dia. sec., in my office. The floor
is a carpeted slab and we have ground water issues which probably would
prevent drilling a hole through the slab for a ground rod.

Possibly, simply drilling a hole into the slab and istalling a metal anchor
for a ground connection would work. (?)

Any suggestions for a ground system that is not too obvious?

for that sized coil you don't need an "earth" ground.. You need a counterpoise under the coil. Make the radius approximately equal to the height of the topload above the counterpoise.

Counterpoise can be chickenwire, hardware cloth, finely crafted silver sheets beaten into an elaborate pattern, whatever you fancy.

I've stuck chickenwire to a piece of carpet that I can roll out under the coil.

The cold end of the secondary goes to the counterpoise with a shortish wire. Then also connect the counterpoise to the "green wire ground" for safety's sake. (so nobody gets a shock if they touch it)