[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Dumbing two Smart Franceformers [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Dumbing two Smart Franceformers

Hi,
You wrote:
<<<<< 1) Can the Smart GFI be removed to make it a dumb Franceformer?

Depends on the transformer and your (perseverance). Some have successfully unpotted the GFIs, while others report nearly or actually destroying the rest of transformer by attempted. Bottom line, it can probably be done, but it ain't gonna be fun!
<<<<< 2) What are the odds I could connect sec.s in series for 24,000 vac?

Parallel for 12 kV, 120 mA. Seriesing output won't work on mid-point grounded secondary transformers.

<<<<< Regards, Ronous Synch
David R

 I have 2 identical Smart Franceformers: sec 12,000 volts, 60 mA, both serial #'s 1105 Cat# 12060 P5G-2, with center grd, GFI per UL2161.

1) Can the Smart GFI be removed to make it a dumb Franceformer?

2) What are the odds I could connect sec.s in series for 24,000 vac?

3) Or could they be connected parallel for 120 mA?

Regards, Ronous Synch