[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Re VTTC primary question [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Re VTTC primary question

As a rule, disk capacitors are not well suited for use as a TC tank
capacitor (they are OK in a protection network).  The dielectric is lossy
and the losses cause it to get hot.  To make matters worse, the dielectric
constant changes as a function of temperature so the capacitance changes as
it runs and heats up, making it impossible to keep in tune.  Sorry!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA