[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Copper tube spark gap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Copper tube spark gap

I've used 7 tubes and 0.030 spacing as I recall. I set up an arrangement so I could vary the number of gaps from 1 to 6 by clamping the wire on the different tubing. I set the spacing using a feeler gauge, but that's because I had one. I believe one of the important things too was to make sure that the tubes are parallel as much as possible, but this is something done by hand and the tubes were held down by wooden fingers, as opposed to something done in a machine shop.

Chip