[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] UPDATE: capacitor issues. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] UPDATE: capacitor issues.

On Sun, 10 May 2015 03:45:36 +0000
Kerry Soileau <kerrys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So the only conclusion I can come to is that somehow
> the metal brackets were shorting the circuit out through the wood??.

Sounds likely. Wood likes to carbon track. Plywood may have made a
carbon track between the plys where you can not see it.

> Still have the caps in series( all 17 of them) and I have 20
> more coming Monday. I'll make a bigger MMC with a series parallel
> configuration but having an issue with matching caps to my nst. My
> nst is at 0.0066 uF and if I did 21 caps in series of just 1 string
> that would give me a value of .0068. But problem is I've heard that
> you should and shouldn't match caps to transformer. Not sure which
> way to go on that. Any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

Two series strings of 18 caps paralleled would give you ~16 nanoFarad.
If you parallel your 12/30 NSTs for 12/60 that would be a pretty close
match for LTR for a static gap.