[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] 55 deg. primary [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] 55 deg. primary

I took the advice some of you gave to improve my small TC. I wound a new secondary, 7.5 inches with AWG26 on a 1.66 inch form, and raised it so it was above the bottom coil of the primary. I also had to add a few wraps to the primary. If you watch the video you can see the improvement it made. You can also see that it shuts off abruptly, that is because one of the 2 [102MX30kv] caps in parallel decided to take a sabbatical! So, now I need a better suited Cap for this TC. Can someone advise me on one? Power supply for the coil is-6KV NST 30ma.
  https://youtu.be/Q5TkKBA4eLA

Doug