[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Capturing imagery from high energy and non-visible energy fields [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Capturing imagery from high energy and non-visible energy fields

So I've been thinking a bit about this over the last couple months and
wanted to get some more discussion going.

Upon initial thought, I'm not entirely sure if I am following Matt's
thought process there on the IR front, sounds like it could have some
potential... but,

I have thought seriously about perhaps using an array of spectrometers that
have higher levels of sensitivity to spectrum areas outside of the visible
spectrum.  Essentially I could take any number of input  devices that
"read" or can "see" the parts of the spectrum that are not visible to
normal human vision and then multiplex those into a workstation with custom
software that would then render the much more full spectrum in unique ways
that would include both audio and visual cues, including tagging and data
overlays that will then all display in 3D space to an Oculus Rift.  The
idea would then to be have sort of a "Photoshop" or immersive environment
that then can allow one to change the opacities of different layers (such
as UV or IR levels being too overwhelming when coming from the sun in
daylight, etc.).

My question here is how / where to get the appropriate sensors that would
facilitate these kinds of inputs for a multipoint array.  Eg, I would set
up two identical arrays of hardware separated slightly in order to gain
depth perception.  This would all then be attached to a mobile cart for
being able to use this conveniently to analyze EM fields anywhere.

Interestingly, it just came to me, this would be somewhat similar to a
non-compact version of Geordi's "visor" tech in Star Trek... :)

Any thoughts on what hardware could potentially fulfill such
extra-400-700'ish nanometer out of bound input?  Of course any kind of
input mechanism could be multiplexed into the software for integration and
so I'm wide open for suggestions.