[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] NST+Terry Filter+Counterpoise [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] NST+Terry Filter+Counterpoise

For my new build i dont currently have a proper RF ground. I see with a TF you must ground the NST and the TF to RF ground. I assume this means secondary ground which means my TF will be 'grounded' to a large square of chicken wire.

I dont see this being a very effective RF shunt.. do i need to make myself a proper RF ground into 'earth' via a long ground cable? If so i need to do that before it freezes solid :)

Im thinking pounding a 2ft long copper tube with a solid connection should be good enough but im concerned the long ground lead will negatively effect performance (10 feet or more).

Sent from my HTC