[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Trinkhaus build/ youtube vid. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Trinkhaus build/ youtube vid.

One of my first EE projects was using a 555 driven ignition coil to
transmit audio over a good distance. Started as simple IR modulator but
figured why not give it twist. It work ok produce nice voltage and could
receive and demodulate ok.

Fried a few,mosfets and blew up a ton of caps really was very simple
compared to this.

Interesting point the college president was giving a tour to potential
student and family when i blew up a big cap in spectacular fashion. He
remarked "we strive for safety here, but sometimes learning requires
failure. Especially for this individual". :)