[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Parallel off-voltage NST [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Parallel off-voltage NST

Hi Matt,

You can parallel a 15kV NST with 12kV NST's to increase power a bit more. However, it will not be as efficient as using all 12kV or all 15kV NST's. Unlike plate transformers or distribution transformers, the built-in current limiting design of the NST's allows them to be safely connected in parallel. Determining the proper phasing between the 15kV and the others may be a bit trickier because of the voltage difference.

Bert
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering, LLC

Matthew Sweeney wrote:
Gmail has been confounding me lately so I cannot find the specific e-mail.
Someone suggested running my 12k,12k,15k NSTs in parallel. My basic
knowledge of electronics would suggest the voltage differential to be a
problem in this configuration.

Is it possible to set these up in parallel with no problem, or can I do so
using some other circuitry?

Regards,

Mat Sweeney