[Home][2015 Index] [TCML] Center tapped nst rectify to +/- DC? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Center tapped nst rectify to +/- DC?

> Hi all, sorry to bother but the tesla guys know more about this stuff. I
have a 15KV 30ma NST center-tapped, and I want to rectify that to +/- DC (I
guess around 21KV). I think I can easily do that with two diodes per
polarity right? I can’t remember what type of rectifier this is called but
it’s seems straightforward to me.

> I guess I can just tie two diodes from each pole with the same polarity
for each side of the ‘DC’ I want? I got a set of 10 12KV 350ma diodes for a
few bucks and I would like to just pot the whole thing and add caps once I
can find the right ones I need (have not calculated that). Actually I think
it will work just fine without the caps because I’m using it to build a
dual-pole pumped VDG (tandem I think it’s called) and the pulsing probably
won’t have much effect due to the abundance of available charge.