[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Hydroforming Toroids [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Hydroforming Toroids

Dave, all:

Jamie is doing a remarkably fine job for an amateur, with the surf board,
and this is because the finished object has a shallow angle at the edge.
Raising a sheet metal object up to 30 degrees is not so difficult, but
acheiving a 90 degrees edge angle will prove impossible, without blowing
the part into a negative mold.
This is at least what this toolmaker thinks, and why he still has his
toroids made at the local metal spinning shop.

Cheers, Finn Hammer