[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors.

Matt,

I may have missed something. Why do you need both polarities simultaneously? Are you running two VDGs simultaneously, one positive and one negative?

You could use two separate supplies, one positive, and one negative.

Let's see If I can get this straight. The negative ion generators that I mentioned in my last eMail should be ejecting electrons to add them to air molecules to make them negative ions. That would suggest that the negative ion generator would qualify as your negative voltage supply.

Most of the TV flyback transformers that you can find these days have built in high voltage, rapid turnoff diodes suitable for high frequency rectification. In a CRT, electrons are expelled from the cathode and are attracted to the positively charged front of the CRT, so typical TV flyback transformers would make a positive output.

Electronic Goldmine is offering a three piece assortment of flybacks for $13. There are lots of simple one or two transistor circuits available on the 'net that allow you drive these flybacks. They could provide you with the positive HV output you need.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G20801

Dave