[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors.

On Mon, 28 Sep 2015 18:56:40 -0500
"msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx" <msweeney23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually they mention cutting off the positive lead for negative
> ions. Does this mean the supply output is +/- with respect to ground?
> If so this seems perfect although i dont see an output amperage.

Yes, it says +15KV -1KV. I would expect the output to be of very low
amperage.
The input says < or = to 12VDC 100mA.
So assuming 100% efficiency,

15KV + 1 KV = 16KV + to -.

16000V/12V = 1333 step up ratio on the Voltage.

100mA/1333 = 75 micro-amps.

No such thing as "100% efficiency", so expect less than that.

You may be able to "balance" the difference in charge due to the
difference in voltage by using something like a coronatron to charge
the belt rather than needles or brush. Maybe:-)

Or maybe run it off of a 9V battery and isolate from ground, then use a
center tapped voltage divider between + and - outputs to reference the
outputs to ground.

Maybe:-)

Or maybe something like this would be better using a voltage divider to
reference ground:
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G17350

Interesting junk store:-)