[Home][2015 Index] Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Voltage/power dissapation drop across HV DC current limiting resistors.

On 9/28/15 8:20 PM, Matthew Sweeney wrote:
That would work, or even higher with additional multipliers. I have 10 12KV
350ma oven diodes anyway, but don't have any HV caps at this time. I have a
lead on a microwave oven for free that 'still works' so I'll check that
out, but I'll need to find extra HV caps.

On

for a corona supply, you don't need filter caps. For a half wave doubler as used in a microwave, you'd need the capacitor to get the 2kV transformer voltage up to the 4kV the magnetron needs.

If you've got NST handy, you're good to go with no capacitors.