[Home][2016 Index] [TCML] Static spark gap PSpice simulation [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Static spark gap PSpice simulation

Hi

I'm a new french member of this list and I built a static spark gap tesla
coil ( my website is http://fabuleusephysique.fr). I'm very happy to join
this group and I have already spent lots of time on the sites of Bart
Anderson, Richard Burnett, Gary Lau, Kevin Wilson, Phil Tuck, Terry
Fritz... thank you all for the great information provided.

I just ran a PSpice simulation based on models by Terry Fritz and Gary Lau.
The model is on this page
http://fabuleusephysique.fr/projets/bobine-tesla-1/bobine-de-tesla-1-simulation-pspice/
and is attached to this mail.

Can anyone explain me what is the use of R17 and C8 ? I tried to run the
simulation without them so PSpice sent warnings about the pulse sent to the
74123 being too short. So I guess R17 and C8 are there to lengthen the
pulse produced by the "LIMIT" component, but I'm not sure.

Another question: what is the use of R15 and R16 ?  (sorry but  I know
nothing about the know-how of electronics...)

Bye
Fabrice