[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] DC Resonant Coil Questions [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] DC Resonant Coil Questions

Hi Dave,

We ran the big coil again yesterday and this time I remembered to measure the amp draw from the mains. It was pulling 108 amps and that was with a primary capacitance of .0925 uf . Last week when I told you the capacitance was .105 uf I had my numbers mixed up. Its really .0925 uf. Also I checked the big tube coil and it draws 175 amps !

Regarding the $2.00 (20kv 2amp) rectifier diodes between the pole pig and the smoothing capacitors I'm just using four of them total in a full wave rectifier with 100 meg resistors across each on to help keep the voltage drop even. I haven't had any go bad yet.

    Roger