[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Marx [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Marx

You probably can, depending on the type of thyratron. If they are hollow anode, they should work well, since they conduct in both directions after they are triggered. Otherwise, you will have to put in a reverse diode. I don't remember how fast most of them deionize. That could be a problem. It would be cool if they have glass envelopes so you could see the pretty colors.

If (not likely) they are grounded-grid thyratrons, they would work well, although they need a pretty heavy trigger pulse.

Say I, try them. If they don't work, you can always go back 100 years and stick in a spark gap.

What are the part numbers?

---Carl