[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Ever so slightly off topic. (NOTICE: Link may need editing) [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Ever so slightly off topic. (NOTICE: Link may need editing)

> I do have a problem with that circuit, a 1n4007 is a 1A diode.
> Most ignition coils saturate at 5-10A, so either the on time is so
> short as to limit the current to 1A (with reduced output) or the diode
> is severely underrated.

I'm also having doubts about the diode's ratings.  I think perhaps something
like an MBR735 could fare better with it's rating of 7.5 amps.  At the
current price (no pun intended) of about 8 cents each from BG Micro, it
could be easily cost-effective to give it a try... if it fails, not out too
much $$$. :)
---
Reverend Christopher "Fuzzy" Mayeux
Pastor, MSB Ministries