[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Spark Gap Electrodes - Flat or Rounded [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Spark Gap Electrodes - Flat or Rounded

Stefan
Yes, without doubt they ablate quicker than the 1/4 inch Tungsten (doped
ones) that they replaced. In theroy going up from 1/4 to 3/8 should have
meant less ablation anyway on account of the size change alone! I can't
remember with certainty what the original (replaced) 1/4 inch Tungsten ones
were doped with though, but I think that disc used Zirconiated ones.

Obviously I'm talking about ablation on the fixed ones, as in any setup the
flying or revolving pair rarely seem to ablate.
I can't recall the % values of Cu to W of the ones I'm using, but I can find
out from my colleague.
Are they worth the expense (?) - well not really sure, as 3/8 inch Tungsten
welding rods are not available in the UK, so it means you would have to
import pure Tungsten slugs anyway if I had chosen that route.

Regards
Phil Tuck

www.hvtesla.com