[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] MMC Bleeder Resistors [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] MMC Bleeder Resistors

Hi Ron,

You want to use the Vishay VR37 series (1/2W - 3.5kV max). They are inexpensive and robust. Although Digikey is out of the 10 Meg size, they do have over 15,000 of the 11 Meg resistors on hand. These will work just as well as 10 Megs for this application.

Digikey part PPCHHJ11MCT-ND, price for 50 = $10.73 total

Another good HV resistor (especially for Marx generator charging resistors) is the Vishay VR68 series (1W - 10kV max).

Good luck and best wishes,

Bert

Ronald Reeland wrote:
Hi: I am looking for a source for 50 pieces of 10 meg MMC bleeder
resistors. It seems that 1/2 watt thick film 2000 volts is desirable
type. Are lower voltage types safe? And what are other present
recommended types?  I have tried Mouser and Digikey , but get
bewildered using their filters trying to find an available product.

I will be using CD 942C20P1K-F and CD 942C20P15k-F 2000 volt
capacitors which I ordered from "Online Components" for $3.22 (.1uf)
and $4.18 (.1fuf)  each.

Thanks,