[Home][2016 Index] Re: [TCML] Pictures of my upgraded SGTC [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Pictures of my upgraded SGTC

Hey David, my bad, I added a 0. Mike and I bought 11 Maxwell caps on ebay for $125. from a place in Canada that was building Laser's. They didn't know how to list like they should of been listed, our great fortune. We purchased 7- .22 at 20kv, 2- .15 at 40 or 45 kv (sparky's caps), 1-.1(damaged during shipping), and a .22 40 or 45kv. It was one of those buys of a lifetime. I miss the DC's Teslathon. Mike, Jeremiah, and I tried to keep it going but none of the bud's showed up so it just fell to the wayside. Thanks Dave for pointing out my bad post. We do fire up the cannon that we acquired from DC and it still shakes the earth.
Thanks David,Stan

      From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxx>
 Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 8:52 AM
 Subject: Re: [TCML] Pictures of my upgraded SGTC

Hi Stan,

I was noticing the capacitance numbers that you were quoting seem awfully
small for a SG driven coil of that magnitude (7.5 kVA w/ 12 ft+ discharges).
Are you sure that you didn't mean 2X "0.15 uFd, seriesed for 0.075 uFd"
instead of 0.015 and 0.0075? I don't see 7.5 nFd being able to store enough
energy for each bang to accomplish such an impressive output, unless you
were literally running in the THOUSANDS of BPS!

David