      From: Steve White <steve.white1@xxxxxxxxx>
 To: Tesla Coil List <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 12:11 AM
 Subject: [TCML] Toroid height

On my 8.6" coil I currently have the bottom of my 9" x 30" toroid mounted 2.3" above the top of the secondary winding. I seem to be getting good performance with at least 7 foot streamers from a 4800 KVA pole pig and ballast. I see no discernible corona at the top of the secondary. Would there be any advantage to mounting the toroid higher?

Steve White