[Home][2017 Index] Re: [TCML] 810 tube coil [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 810 tube coil

John thanks - 16" sparks from an 810, wow I would be happy with 11. I am using a level shiftier w/ 2uF and the plate can get very red if I push it. I have a milliamp meter on the  ground side and it easy gets to 300ma or more using a 140v variac. The tube can get very red if I push it to 250 to 300ma or more and that's at ~50% on the variac. I've ajusted primary turns from 36 to 44 with very little change. I've adjusted the height of the grid coil with little change tho it seem to work better the higher it is. Does the grid coil couple with the primary coil or the secondary? Steve was using a Staccato controller and I'm not yet. I'm using component values and set up as outline on Steve's page. For spark capacitance on Java TC I add a small diameter cylindrical topload by the length of spark in addition to the toroid and it seems to be pretty close. For tube coils is the tank suppose to match the secondary res frequency with spark and topload?

Dave