[Home][2017 Index] [TCML] Circuit diagram [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] Circuit diagram

Hello all,

Now I am kinda stuck with how a tesla coil should be wired.
I see lots of different opinions on how the spark gap and the capacitor bank should be placed.

This one: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tesla_coil_3.svg
and this one: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tesla_coil_4.svg

My intuition says that the safest one is the first option, but I am interested in what you think.
Also does anyone know a good (free) program to draw electrical diagrams? I will have to make a detailed diagram including the MMC (with bleeders).
I also have some doubts as to how grounding works. Do you ground the NST and the secondary coil on the same connection? Or is it done seperately?

(So I have decided some parameters with JAVATC.
I will probably send the results later since I don't know if everything is done correctly.)

My regards,

Yessin